Sunday, March 06, 2005

The Blogging Difference

As Rosa has been preparing for her 4C's presentation, there's been some talk here about what makes blogging different from other Internet communication forms we've had available to us as academics: listservs, bulletin boards, chatrooms, etc. An e-mail I received today from a two-year English teacher who--inspired by Community College English--has started a blog with some colleagues, I think, says it all:
I was inspired by your Community College English blog to try to start a similar one for people who are members of TYCA-SE...or at least start with those people.

It's just getting started, and I'm still trying to scratch up members and interest, but I have patience and determination, so I think I can make it work.

Take a look:

http://compsoutheast.blogspot.com/

That really made my day. Let's give Composition Southeast a warm welcome to the blogosphere. They've already got some great entries posted, and maybe we can get some cross-dialogue going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home