Thursday, October 13, 2005

CCC Online: Fabulo.us!

I'm very remiss not to have posted anything about the new CCC Online site created this summer by Collin Brooke, Derek Mueller and Madeline Yonker, all of Syracuse University. This new site doesn't replace the NCTE/CCC site, where journal articles are password protected, but instead, provides a site where the "metadata" (bibliographical information, from works cited to keywords and more)of the articles is available. What CCC Online does do is to function as a reader-researcher's companion, inviting us to locate and network ideas via tags and feeds and so on.

Frankly, I'm still at that Gomer Pyle level of technolearning, where I tend to stand back from the thing, big -eyed and exclaiming "Gawwwleee." Not particularly critical or professorial,so I'd appreciate hearing from readers who are far more advanced and, therefore, articulate, and can give this site its due. What I can say is that this undertaking no doubt involved a great deal of painstaking work and thought, and though the creators write modestly of CCC Online's being one journal's worth of work, the site is no less impressive because of it.

2 Comments:

At 12:01 AM, Blogger Clancy said...

"Frankly, I'm still at that Gomer Pyle level of technolearning, where I tend to stand back from the thing, big -eyed and exclaiming 'Gawwwleee.'"

Oh, come off it! :-) You are so much savvier than that. BUT, that's not to say that the CCC Online effort isn't Gawwwleee-worthy. It totally is.

 
At 12:27 PM, Anonymous joanna said...

that's right kind of you, Clancy--I guess I am savvy but each day I am amazed with what's out there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home