Saturday, April 09, 2005

Blogging Thoughts, Week Two, Down From The Clouds

I decided that instead of one main blog, I'd have the students use Blogger and create their own blogs. Already I can see that I don't want to use Blogger again because I want something that would hang together as a course platform and give us more options. I'm asking you all to let me know what you use with your classes.

The students, however, got into the spirit of blogging, and I think that for the four-week experiment that this will be, we'll be fine.

Lanette Cadle has created a website for a 4C's workshop that she participated in called "Promoting Student Success With Digital Tools: Remediating Access,"
and I'm parking myself there this summer. Now that I've figured out what I'm doing in a networked classroom and how to blog, my next step is to figure out what blogging is doing for my networked classroom. Lanette's website offers some concrete direction.


At Composition Southeast, Sharon Gerald responds to Will Hochman's article in IHE. She makes some sound points about how the lack of technology, funding, and training makes the issues raised by many of us seem moot. It shouldn't be that way--what can we do as a profession to address the issue and push for change?

2 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger J. Newberry said...

I'm thinking of using a LiveJournal in my comp courses this summmer. Have you heard of that?

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous joanna said...

Yes, I've heard of it, but I've never used it in the classroom. I think Technosophist does, so you might want to check out her blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home