Tuesday, March 15, 2005

San Francisco, Day Two

Today is a beautiful day--sunny and warm. I went to the SF City College to look at the Diego Rivera mural, and it was well worth the trip. I'm going to use the mural as a backdrop for Bless Me, Ultima the next time I teach it. Walked down to the Moscone Center just to see it--I remember being at the SFMOMA during my last visit here, about eight years ago--don't know how old the MC is. Walked past the Museum of Cartoon Art--gotta get there before I leave.

Last night I worked on my presentation/talk/notes for Thursday. As usual, the closer I get to the deadline, the more shape it has taken. Plenty of narrative, Clancy. Being out here early, away from the madding campus, has contributed, I'm sure. Nothing to do but think. I'm not giving a paper because I don't want to. I want to talk face to face with people. Real time, real people, real speech.

I'm trying to land on a metaphor that will pull my handout together and am coming up trite. No links, no journeys, no diaries. Maybe a genealogy of my blogging. That's the ticket. I think. Now to avoid all those vomity cute genealogy names that I hate, like "roots 'n branches."

Back to reading and responding to student emails-- told them that I was going to SF, not another planet, and that they could send me an email (in fact, they are supposed to be sending me two.)instead of turning in journals or doing busy work with a substitute.

If you're coming to SF, be sure to wear a flower in your hair, okay? And take a Sudafed, too.

2 Comments:

At 11:30 PM, Blogger jackie said...

Hi Rosa-- you commented on my blog last week or so, and I wanted to talk to you some more, but you left no email address. Have a good time at the conference, and let me know when you get back so we can talk.

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Rosa G. said...

Hi Jackie--I'm home now, if you want to send me an email at joannamary at comcast dot net.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home